Canor AI 1.10
Integrated Tube Amplifier
CANOR AI 1.10 is an integrated tube amplifier with an entirely new topology equipped with KT88 high-power tubes.
The aim of the development was to merge the best sound characteristics of previous models together. The amplifier operates in a pure class A with an auto-bias function, and with cathode feedback.
Only precisely selected and paired tubes are used in the Canor products. All the tubes we get from our suppliers are first burned in for 200 hours and that tested, selected and paired for the best performance.
Canor AI 1.10 contains a Voltage Stabilization Circuit (VSC) circuit, which watches the value of the input voltage in real-time and automatically switches the adequate input on the input transformer (where there are 3 primary windings - 230V, 240V and 250V). That leads to better performance and prolongs the tubes' lifetime.
The attenuator provides a gain control by 1dB, minimum attenuation of 63dB. The designed solution demonstrates signal passing through 0 up to 6 relay contacts depending upon volume. The deviation between sync of left and right channel of attenuator is lower than 0.05 dB, this outclasses even the best potentiometers.
The relay attenuator contains two independent blocks for each particular channel which has led to an improvement of already very good channel separation. This kind of volume control is being used in competing amplifiers only in a much higher price range and this solution has proven to be the best also in listening and audible tests we had carried out.
Canor AI1.10 benefits from our premium CMT ™ technology (CANOR ® PCB Milling Technology). It is the way we mill printed circuit boards. CMT ™ technology allows us to get the dielectric loss factors (loss tangent) of PCB close to the loss factor of air. Thanks to this technology we managed to get to the parameter level of the so-called “wire to wire connections“.
For even better performance and sound, it is possible to connect AI 1.10 as monoblocks using a data cable. One unit becomes the "master" unit and the other the "slave". This is the so-called bridge connection of two amplifiers (a fully symmetrical connection).
- an integrated tube amplifier in class A with an output power of 2 x 40 W
- KT88 high-power tubes with autobias with a cathode feedback
- an option to immediately switch between triode and ultra-linear mode
- PCB’s utilize our premium CMT ™ technology
- perfect separation of channels by using a relay attenuator / standalone blocks for each channel/gain control by 1 dB and maximum attenuation of 63 dB
- the independently powered control part
- filter capacitors with high capacitance deliver energy to accurate and tight basses
- only use high-quality polypropylene capacitors have been used in the signal path
- absolute selection and tubes matching with above-average parameters
- an option of synchronous control enables the use of two amplifiers in a monoblock mode without the need of using an extra preamplifier and that is a Master/Slave mode with an output power of 80 W per channel
|Output power||2 x 40 W /4,8 Ω – ultralinear
2 x 20 W /4,8 Ω – triode
|Gain||-30 dB (at 8 Ω)
-28 dB (at 4 Ω)
|Inputs sensitivity||500 mV|
|Frequency range||(10 – 50 000) Hz ±0,5 dB / 5 W|
|Input impedance||30 kΩ|
|Inputs||5 x RCA, 2 x XLR (active only in monoblock connection)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||<0,05% / 1 kHz, 5 W|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||> 95 dB|
|Filtration capacity||2200uF / 500V|
|Damping factor at 4 Ω load at the output||9 (based on measured output impedance)|
|Damping factor at 8 Ω load at the output||10,5 (based on measured output impedance)|
|Tube complement||4 x KT88 / 1 x 12AX7 / 2 x 12AT7|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz / 375 VA|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 170 x 485 mm|
|Weight (net)||26 kg|