Canor Asterion V2
Tube Phono PreamplifierPremium Line
The CANOR Asterion V2 stands out as a top-of-the-line preamplifier for turntables, employing all-tube technology to deliver unparalleled performance. It's designed to work seamlessly with both MM and MC phono cartridges, making it a versatile choice for audiophiles who demand the best.
The name "Asterion" has its roots in ancient Greek and translates to "Starry" in English. According to Greek mythology, Asterion was one of the three river gods.
The Canor Asterion V2 phono preamplifier is a versatile device, capable of accommodating both MM and MC cartridges. With no interference between the two, users can connect both types simultaneously. The MM and MC options are easy to select and set up thanks to the simple and intuitive front panel buttons, making the Asterion V2 a user-friendly and efficient choice.
To eliminate mechanical hum, the transformer core undergoes vacuum impregnation and is encapsulated in a special anti-vibration compound. Furthermore, the transformer is enclosed in a sturdy, welded cover that provides excellent electromagnetic shielding and enhances the signal-to-noise ratio.
To prevent interference from external voltage sources, the primary and secondary windings are separated by a copper foil shield with a 50% overlap.
The Asterion V2 features strictly separated signal paths for both channels with separated filtration of the power voltage.
The voltage stabilization is made separately for the right and left channels to improve channel separation and minimize noise and interference for a cleaner and more accurate sound.
The Asterion V2 allows intuitive and easy adjustment of the gain, loading and capacitance settings to match the specific characteristics of the used phono cartridge, which helps to optimize performance and maximize sound quality.
The Asterion V2 utilizes our advanced CMT ™ technology (CANOR ® PCB Milling Technology) for optimal performance. The CMT™ technology allows us to get the dielectric loss factors (loss tangent) of PCB close to the loss factor of air. Thanks to this technology we managed to get repeatedly to the parameter level of the so-called “wire-to-wire connections“.
- an all-tube turntable preamplifier for both MM and MC phono cartridges
- nine tubes, one vacuum tube out of them used to rectify anode voltage
- wiring circuitry without any global feedback
- PCB’s utilize our premium CMT ™ technology
- precise selection and matching of the tubes that have above-average parameters
- vacuum-impregnated transformer core
- transformer potted in a special anti-vibration compound and placed in the massive welded cover
- the exceptional high-quality polypropylene capacitors in the signal path were used
- if a turntable is fitted with two tonearms, one having an MM phono cartridge installed and the other MC, both can be connected simultaneously without mutually affecting each other
- high variability of gain settings, resistances and capacitances settings for all types of phono cartridges
- a high-quality step-up Lundahl transformer for MC phono cartridges
|Load capacity MM / Gain||50, 150, 270, 370, 520, 620, 740, 840 pF / Gain: 46 dB|
|Input impedance MC1 / Gain||10, 20, 40, 80, 150, 300, 600, 1.200 Ω / Gain: 70 dB|
|Input impedance MC2 / Gain||2, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 150, 300 Ω / Gain: 76 dB|
|Output impedance||< 250 Ω|
|Inputs||XLR -> MC; RCA -> MM / MC|
|Outputs||RCA / XLR|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||MM / MC <0,1% / 1 VRMS|
|Subsonic filter / threshold frequency||18 dB / Octave / 18 Hz|
|RIAA accuracy||0,3 dB / 20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Signal-to-noise ratio MM||< 72 dBV (87 dBV - IEC - A)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio MC||< 72 dBV (87 dBV - IEC - A)|
|Tube complement||8 x 6922EH, 1 x 6CA4EH|
|Power||230 V / 50 Hz / 70 VA|
|Dimensions (w x h x d)||435 x 170 x 485 mm|
|Weight (net)||18 kg|